What are we looking for?
51Talk is in need of experienced teachers with have a four-year Bachelor’s degree who love working with Chinese students. All of our teachers make learning fun, and bring excitement and energy to every lesson in our digital classrooms!
What are the basic requirements?
- A four-year Bachelor’s degree
- 1 year teaching experience (preferably teaching young learners, K-12 students)
- Native speaker of English with neutral accent
- Experience teaching English to foreigners (ESL/EFL)
- A teaching certificate, including state teaching certifications, TESOL, TEFL, etc. (preferred)
- Availability to teach at least 60 peak slots (30 hours) per month (each lesson lasts 25 minutes) whenever you’re available during the following times:
- 7:00pm – 9:30pm Beijing Time (Monday to Friday)
- 9:00am – 9:30pm Beijing Time (Saturday to Sunday)
What do I need to get started?
All 51Talk classes are conducted as live, online, one-on-one lessons. We provide the curriculum, and you’re responsible for the equipment:
- Device Requirements
- Desktop or laptop
- Headset with microphone and noise-cancelling features
- High-definition (HD) external or integrated webcam
- Minimum System Requirements of laptop or desktop
- Operating System: Windows7 or above
- CPU: Intel Core i3 5th gen / i5 / i7 or AMD equivalent
- Memory: At least 4GB of RAM with minimum 60GB free hard disk space available
- Network: Wired DSL Internet connection of at least 3 Mbps (USB sticks, signal-based & wireless connections are not allowed)
- Your Teaching Environment
- A quiet, clutter-free, and well-lit space in your home
How much is the pay?
- Base Pay: $5 USD per 25-minute lesson ($10 USD per hour)
- Others: Referral fee of $30 USD for every successfully launched referral